Monday, August 16, 2010

a try at Vintage : )

Happy Monday.....hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!! Mine flew by, I was pretty busy though. I went to my Mother's so we could set up for the garage sale we are having next weekend. Boy, do we have A LOT of stuff for the garage sale!!! I pray for no rain next weekend & lots of customers. I don't want to have to help put all that stuff away-yuk!! On Sunday, mom & I went to Rochester to shop. Unfortunately, we didn't get to shop for scrapping supplies : ( My cousin's wedding is in less then 3 weeks & I needed a dress for rehearsal dinner, notice I said needed. Yeah, I found an awesome dress (in my opinion)! It cost a little more then I planned on spending, but isn't that always how it goes.-lol. I really like this dress though & I think I will get more use out of it. The color is called raisin, though I would call in plum-lol. Luckily, I'm in the wedding, so I already have a dress for that, though I need to get to the seamstress. My mom has 2 awesome dresses to chose from for the wedding, she got lucky. They are both so great, I don't know which one I like better. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures. I'm getting excited-lol!!


I did manage to make a couple cards Friday night & one last night. I can't just sit & watch tv-lol.
I love the vintage style, I know it's not really my style though, but fun to try. I got a couple new sheets of the Heartwarming Vintage Collection images- LOVE THEM!! The images are so sweet & fresh & colorful. One of my favorite scrapbooking sites is scrapbook.com, I've made so many
wonderful friends through there. Plus, there are sooo many great artist, that give me so much inspirations. I love the vintage styles I see on there & thought my new images were perfect to try one : )


products used: flower image: Heartwarming Vintage collection-Garden. scalloped border punch: Fiskars. Ribbon: Basicbasic. Ink: Stampabilities. off-white: Collage Press-Camden collection. brown flower pp: scenic route-Sonoma-Sandra drive. red pp & polka dot pp: My Mind's Eye. stamp: MSE. button. embroidery thread. pearls: Queen & company.
I inked the edges of everything on this card. I couldn't find any lace in my stash that looked right, so I used the border punch instead. I'm very happy w/the way this card turned out. I'm already planning my next card w/these great images.
Well better get some work done. Have a great start to the work week!! TFL! Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment