Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another sunny day : )

Another bright sunny day here-yeah!! I did hear the report for the rest of the week & I swear I heard the word snow again. I know we are getting towards spring, I saw a couple robins the other day & my one friend has flowers trying to poke their heads up : ) My title today should have been "Happy Paczki Day" (pronounced poonch-key). On the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, known as "Fat Tuesday",a Polish sweet good, known as Paczki was traditionally eaten to mark Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras. We have a large Polish community here in the Buffalo area & you can get Paczki's every wheres today- they are super rich & heavy black raspberry filled donuts. My boss is Polish so he usually brings some in-yeah. They are super yummy, but so heavy & big that i can never eat a whole one, but can't wait for one. Now that I've given my history lesson for the day- I'm not Polish, so thank goodness for the Internet to really be able to tell you more then just about the "donuts"-LOL!!






I got home yesterday & was able to get pics of my new cards. I'm still working on mastering my new camera. The manual w/it is large & confusing-LOL. So anyways, that is why some of my pics seem to have a blue-ish color & others don't. This one seems a bit blue-ish to me, but I hope you enjoy it anyways. Look past the haze-LOL!!!





products used: ribbon: Paper Studio. Sentiment sticker: Karen Foster. Cricut. boarder punch: Fiskars. bling. scrap papers( so glad i could use up some scraps, but don't know any of the brands- I do know the green & white pp came from Michaels.

I hope everyone has a wonderful " Fat Tuesday", Paczki Day & Tuesday!! TFL! Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn, I stopped by after looking at a few of your cards on Scrapbook.com and must say I love your style. This little frog is so dang cute, you can't help but want to kiss him! I have signed up to be a follower and hope that you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete